Summer celebration!  

Posted by The Ordinary

Hello all! Whew, it has been a long time! I apologize for not posting in a while, I have been real busy with stuff. Well this is my post of reckoning, I have to tell you all everything that has happened since last....posting.



A week or so a go I went to a really fun dance in Mt. Airy, and had a lot of fun. A couple days later, The summer camp, Summer celebration started. I was placed on the 6 year old Galatians (blue) team to help coach. Though it was fun, it was extremely stressful. We had to be at the church bright and early at 7:00 AM each morning, and couldn't go home to past 12:00. This year, I was shadowing (taking care of) a special needs kid on our team. Hew as a nice guy, but he didn't come back for the last three days :( . Well for some reason, Every time we went to play games the kids on my team decided i needed to be tackled, so all 11 of them would gang up on me. It didnt help one bit that sean Branchaw was encouraging them the whole time (He's on one of the drama teams). Well as the camp progressed, Exhaustion proved to be inversely proportional to energy. One went, up, the other went down. Anyways, Today was the last day and right now i feel like a walking catfish (is that even possible?). We had a big race for the the campers, and one of my kids came in first place (for the six year olds). Afterwards everyone got icecream and such. Well I stayed after the camp was over (There were a lot of emotional partings from the kids) to help clean up. We (me and a group of other volunteers) moved the set from the stage (which is quite heavy I might add) and took down a lot of the stuff outside. Afterwards we vegged out eating icees. All i can say is that it was one crazy week! (Oh and i forgot to mention, Mr. B (the runner of the camp) got a pie in the face each day!)



In other news, There is a contra dance in glen echo tomorrow, and i am hoping to be able to go. I need a ride anyway, so is anyone able to take me?





Cya round the mango shrub!



-R.G.

This entry was posted on 4:26 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

Thanks for posting! I hope you got enough sleep last night! 8)