Camp hemlock, and the play  

Posted by The Ordinary

Hey all, Robert here. Do you remember a while back when I said that I wouldn't be going to Camp hemlock? Well I was feeling pretty down about it. But I prayed that if it was God's will, that he would open a door for me to go. Or maybe a window. And sure enough, The next day I got a call from the Mr Kelley (the guy in charge of the camp) informing me that they needed some more help after all! The lord is amazing.

But whilst there is good news, there is also bad news. Well, its not really bad. As some of you know, I was signed up for an audition with Mrs. Mays for the spring play this year. Well after some more thought and consideration, my parents decided that I should wait till next year, particularly because of my heavy burden of school I will have to deal with, as well as the fact that I serve a lot at home (Taking care of my handicapped brother) and The play would take a lot away from that. This was a disappointment to me, but i can see that even if I was able to do music, school, THG, serving at home (which takes a lot), adventure academy, and the spring play, I would be a walking zombie. So I have decided to leave it all in the best place possible, the Lord's hands =).




Over and out,


-R.G.


P.S. - Buying some Chucks later!!!

This entry was posted on 11:31 AM and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

I'm sure that God has a reason for you not doing the play this year. Who knows? Maybe you'll be able to preach the Gospel through something you wouldn't have been able to do if you were doing the play.

::Sophie::  

Yeah- Robert,God will bless you for listening to your mom and dad.
I had to make some hard decisions also- I chose to quit THG, because if I did that along with everything else (job, play, 7 classes, babysitting at home, dance, and homework) then I would be gone too much and it would not only affect me, but my family as well.
So, put your trust in God's hands and lean on Him, and he will bless you throughout the year.

cass  

Great job trusting the Lord with your desires. He will ever fail you.

Ooooh, what color chucks?? I think you need...hmmm...orange or black. lol

:)