Whats goin on  

Posted by The Ordinary

'Allo folks, Dr. R. here! Just thought I'd give you an update on my life, not much but it's a post :-/ .


Things have been goin a little slow 'round here. I didn't go on the Church youth retreat because my family and I were gonna go on vacation. Well the day of the retreat, (which was when we were also supposed to leave) we decided we couldn't go after all, and it was to late to sign up for the Retreat. Though this was disappointing, I still had camp hemlock (a boys camp in the heart of WV where i serve every year). Well I was a little late in volunteering, and for the first time ever they had to many people wanting to help. So it looks like I ain't goin no where before school starts, but if it's God's will, then so be it. Right now our AC just got a temporary fix (the second one in a week) and its lookin like we may have to get an entire new unit. Some of you may be thinking something along the lines of "Why don't you just put up with it? Wimp". Well the reason is that my brother (Nathan) has special needs (epilepsy, autism, cerebral palsy, etc.) and when the heat gets up there it can trigger seizures. But as you know, getting a new A.C. unit costs a pretty penny, but the Lord provides =) .

Well, that about sums up whats goin on at the moment. Thanks for reading! And remember, don't talk to any strange cantelope trees!


-Dr. R

P.S. - Some of yo from CLC may enjoy the trailer just released for the musical, Pilgrim. You can watch it hat http://christiantheatre.org/blog/

This entry was posted on 3:46 PM and is filed under . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

3 comments

cass  

Too bad about the youth retreat:( I wish I could have gone...
I'll try not too talk with any strange cantelope trees lol!

I ONLY laughed at the part about "Suck it up! Wimp."
But I'm sorry. I never knew that about your brother.

I'll pray for you guys :( Did your guy's power go out yesterday? Our's went out from around 4:00 to 11:00. It was pretty cool because I was sitting on the couch and then I just said, "Turn on NOW!" and as soon as I said that the power turned on :D My mom said "Jenna.... too much Harry Potter."