Gettysburg, D.C.  

Posted by The Ordinary


Hey folks! R.G. here. Boy, do I have a lot of stuff to tell you guys! Well, first off I went to Gettysburg yesterday! I rode up with the barkers and a caravan of other cars. We stopped at the visitors center first to watch a show and then a cyclorama thing that was a AMAZING. It was a painting the size of an IMAX screen that stretched all the way around the room in a complete circle. There was fake terrain that ran up to the painting, and it was so well done you could not tell where real became fake! The painting was painted there just after the civil war, and was said to be so realistic that the veterans of the war wept when they saw it. Well from then on we went on a tour of Gettysburg. We went to a ton of battlefields, including "Little round top", "Devils den", and a lot of others. Devil's den was probably my favorite. Devil's den is a humongous pile of rocks that are about 50 feet tall or more in some places. Underneath them are a span of tunnels that can be 2 feet high or 6 feet. It is an amazing place! Well after that we visited other assorted places, and then we split up to head on home. The family I was with went back to little round top to see the monument to the 20th Maine. After that we headed back home. I took my camera and was planning on getting a lot of good pictures, but a slight problem took place. The only batteries i had were half dead ones and my camera is really old, and doesn't work well unless it has full power batteries. I kept running out of power, and the camera wouldn't take good pictures. But i did get some videos for you all and some pictures. Also, I took a trip to D.C. this morning. I went to the library of congress, American history museum, etc. It was A ton O fun! I did get pictures, and i believe you will like them! Enjoy!
Library of Congress
Flags


Chains




A rather "Headless" bird





The Capitol!






Ditto!



Inside the Library of Congress



Flag in front of the Capitol





Abraham Lincoln's pocket watch






The Capitol! (again)




"A Star Spangled Banner"





Sound the Trumpet. Oh yea!





Pathways to battle





A far off shot of "Devil's Den"




Cody the calvary officer




Supply wagons!




Ready the cannons



These guys wouldn't stop staring






Sun behind the trees



Abraham Lincoln clones! ahhh!





Noble defender






A slightly deranged Calvary officer







"Boys in Bonnets"






Interview with the chester-lisa






The "National wall sitters convention"





Inside the Library of Congress
( this is a blurry low-res video i took inside, well, the Library of Congress!)



This entry was posted on 4:01 PM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

12 comments

two things. the videos are so funny! and I may disown my brother... and all of the other boys with thost beautiful hats on!

Anonymous  

...WOW.
haha in case nobody caught the line, we girls now have to protect the town...:)

nice robert

Haha! The boys in bonnet :D...wow

Yes yes, that was MY idea. Thank you thank you. Jk, but it was my idea! And i need a better camera. Do any of you guys wanna have a get-robert-a-new-camera party? hmmm? hint hint.

lol

Sarahann was the first to suggest for Vader to put the bonnet on and then I asked him and then everyone else saw it... so I think we started it:) (just teasing you!)
And, Julie, my little brother is in that mix of weirdo boys:)

This comment has been removed by the author.

No no i mean the title "Boys in bonnets" was my idea.

Anonymous  

"Boys in bonnets" was slightly disturbing. jk

Nice pictures, Robert! I love the ones from the Library of Congress. Wish I could have been there with you. We'll have to go back sometime! :) (And get passes so we can look at books, too)